Thursday, January 1, 2009

December <3

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope you all had a GREAT Christmas! I thought I'd post to tell about what I've been doing since my absence.
My birthday was December 11 (17! yay me!) and then school ended the following week. My sister Gina came that weekend for Christmas! It was really nice having her here for a week! Michael (her husband) came late Christmas Eve. We had a great Christmas (even though we accidentally showed up an hour early for church)! Among other things, I got the new iPod Nano! It's pretty darn sweet!
Saturday after Christmas my whole family went up to Mount Shasta for the snow! It was soooo much fun! I hadn't been to the snow or gone sledding in years!! LOVED IT!!
So...things have died down. Christmas is over...it's a new year. But, God willing, we have many more birthdays, holidays, snow days, and new years to come!!
"As we look toward a brand new year
Then gaze back to the past
We pause with mixed emotions
And memories that still last.
For this year has taught us lessons
We never thought we’d learn
To stand in the face of adversity
Seeking peace for which we yearn.
Each life a precious memory
Each face burned in our souls
The hero, the innocent, those who were lost
Were halves who made someone whole.
So we pray for this year to be peaceful
For strength to see us through
For each one who lost someone precious
And for all that is holy and true.
As we pray God’s eternal blessings
For our leaders and our land
We walk toward the future together
Heart to heart and hand in hand."
(I didn't write that btw...haha)
Here are some pix from my December:




Well...there ya have it! I had a pretty fun-packed December! And no wonder it's my favorite month!
Talk to you all next time!~

3 comments:

girl4jesus said...

Hey this is awesome!!! I'm so glad you had such a great christmas. I love you so much!!!! :) :) :)


Dude btw we seriously need to hang out ASAP!!!

Juls said...

seriously! i agree! we do!

Trin said...

ohh cute pictures!!!